Guwahati: Assam Police seized a cache of arms and ammunition from the bank of Mora Pagladia river in Barimakha area of Baksa district of Assam on the intervening night of Sunday and Monday.
Acting on the basis of a tip-off regarding hidden arms and ammunition, a search was launched by Assam Police in Baksa at about 12.15 am last night. After a thorough search, the team recovered an AK 47 rifle along with one magazine, 107 rounds live AK ammunition, a Glock pistol, 8 rounds 9 mm Glock ammunition hidden underground.
A case has been registered and investigated is underway in this matter.
- Tripura: Congress, BJP at loggerheads over ex-CM Deb’s ‘VIP treatment’
- NRC head files complaint against predecessor for data anomalies
- India sees single-day rise of 2,323 COVID-19 cases
- Two govt employees in Assam caught taking bribe, arrested
- Meghalaya attracted investment projects worth Rs 56 cr in FY21: study
- How cryptocurrency price collapse offers hope for slowing climate change