Aizawl: Assam Rifles and customs department seized 74 grams of heroin and apprehended a Myanmar national in connection with the seizure, Assam Rifles sources said.
The contraband worth Rs 29.60 lakh was seized during a joint operation at Zote village in Champhai district on the Mizoram-Myanmar border on Friday, the sources said.
The Myanmar national, who was known to be the resident of Bukphir, has been arrested for possessing the contraband, it said.
Also Read: Mizoram: Assam Rifles arrest woman with heroin worth Rs 48 lakh
In another seizure, Assam Rifles and customs department also seized 240 bags of smuggled areca nuts in Tlangsam-Ruantlang area in Champhai district on Friday and arrested one person for possessing the smuggled goods.
The illegal goods worth Rs 40.32 lakh was smuggled from Myanmar.
- Man sentenced to 100 years in prison for Indian-origin girl’s death in US
- Assam CM inaugurates, lays foundation for Rs 545-cr projects
- Navy’s car expedition covering ‘entire coastline’ flagged off from Kolkata
- What the stars do not have in store for you, as per your horoscope
- Bangladesh MP bats for border hospitals on lines of border haats
- Assam: APSC conducts CCE (Preliminary) exam in 31 districts