Aizawl: Assam Rifles and customs department seized 74 grams of heroin and apprehended a Myanmar national in connection with the seizure, Assam Rifles sources said.
The contraband worth Rs 29.60 lakh was seized during a joint operation at Zote village in Champhai district on the Mizoram-Myanmar border on Friday, the sources said.
The Myanmar national, who was known to be the resident of Bukphir, has been arrested for possessing the contraband, it said.
In another seizure, Assam Rifles and customs department also seized 240 bags of smuggled areca nuts in Tlangsam-Ruantlang area in Champhai district on Friday and arrested one person for possessing the smuggled goods.
The illegal goods worth Rs 40.32 lakh was smuggled from Myanmar.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion