A mesmerising time-lapse shared by the official account of National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) Hubble Space Telescope is leaving netizens in awe.
The latest Instagram post featuring a time-lapse from 1999 to 2013, shows the sonification of supernova 1987A, a type II supernova in the Large Magellanic Cloud, a dwarf satellite galaxy of the Milky Way.
NASA said, “1999 ➡️ 2013
This time-lapse shows a series of @nasachandraxray (blue) and Hubble (orange and red) observations of Supernova 1987A. The dense ring of gas, which was ejected by the star before it went supernova, glows brighter as the supernova shockwave passes through.”
Shared just one day ago, the 14-year time lapse has been viewed over 3.2 lakh times and attracted comments from many enthusiasts.
Check reaction below:
- Assam: G20 delegates mesmerised by diverse culture and hospitality
- India, France, UAE unveil plan for cooperation under trilateral framework
- Sri Lanka must correct its ‘errors and failures’: President at 75th I-Day
- Nagaland govt restrict drugs sale to fight drug menace, pharma trafficking
- Assam: Chargesheet against doctors, magistrate in minor’s murder case
- Nagaland: Rs. 28.96 cr in cash, IMFL, drugs seized ahead of Assembly polls