Agartala: The Tripura tableau, which was themed around the eco-friendliness of bamboo, won the second prize for the Republic Day parade.
The award was handed over by Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs & Sports (I/C), Kiren Rijiju in New Delhi.
The theme of the tableau was ‘Eco-Friendly’ and ‘Aatma-Nirbhar’, which celebrated the state’s eco-friendly tribal culture and the importance of bamboo.
Taking to Twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb congratulated all the stakeholders and the people of Tripura.
“Delighted to know that the magnificent tableaux of our beloved #Tripura that took part in the #RepublicDay parade has won the second prize.
Heartiest wishes to 37 lakh people of the state on this occasion. Congratulations to all stakeholders who contributed to this achievement,” he wrote.
He also said that the tableau of Tripura that won the 2nd prize in the Republic Day 2021 parade was inspired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision for Aatma Nirbhar Bharat.
In Tripura, bamboo traditionally plays a significant role in the tribal people’s life, culture and festivals. Tripura is home to 19 tribes with the total population of 12 lakh and the all the tribes are associated with bamboo in one way or the other.
- Meghalaya CM to commute to office in electric vehicle
- Tripura: Congress, BJP at loggerheads over ex-CM Deb’s ‘VIP treatment’
- NRC head files complaint against predecessor for data anomalies
- India sees single-day rise of 2,323 COVID-19 cases
- Two govt employees in Assam caught taking bribe, arrested
- Meghalaya attracted investment projects worth Rs 56 cr in FY21: study