An FIR was registered against three journalists in Uttar Pradesh after they shared videos of schoolchildren doing yoga and other exercises at a government function in Kanpur Dehat under biting cold conditions on social media.
Station house officer (SHO) of Akbarpur police station, Tulsiram Pandey, and Basic Shiksha Adhikari (BSA) Sunil Dutt registered the case under Section 505 (statements conducing to public mischief) and Section 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC, Tuesday evening.
The function which was held to mark UP foundation day was attended by Ajit Pal Singh- state minister for technology, several MLAs, and government officials. The videos of children dressed in cotton shirts and knickers braving the chilly conditions went viral after they were allegedly put on social media by the journalist trio.
According to Dutt, the videos were shared with malafide intention and that the children wore woolens after the drill anyway. He added that this move hurt the sentiments of the yoga teachers and teachers as they were insulted in the process.
However, Amit Singh, one of the journalists said that making children do yoga in inadequate clothing in harsh winter conditions can never be justified and authorities should have been more careful.
- ADB scales down India’s economic growth forecast to 10% this fiscal
- India asks UK to address concerns on travel rules related to COVID vaccination
- Peace talks: After Mishra & Assam CM, Nagaland govt to meet NSCN-IM
- Arunachal Guv assures memorial in memory of martyred soldier
- MNF names K. Laldawnglian as party contender for Tuirial bypoll
- Nagaland teams up with NGO to tackle child malnutrition, mortality