Guwahati: Congress MLA Debabrata Saikia continues to remain the Leader of Opposition (LOP) of Assam Legislative Assembly as a division bench of Gauhati High Court disposed of an appeal filed against the stay on de-recognising him.
The division bench directed the Assam Legislative Assembly Secretariat to approach the single judge and seek redressal. The matter has been fixed for hearing before the single judge January 29, Friday.
On January 12, Gauhati High Court stayed the notification de-recognising Congress MLA Debabrata Saikia as LOP, stating that the notification under challenge was “unsustainable under law.”
- What happens if you need to pee while you’re asleep?
- Drivers in Mizoram repair dilapidated roads
- Keeping your cool in a warming world: 8 steps to help manage eco-anxiety
- Assam: RGU celebrates International Peace Day
- Meghalaya: Drugs worth Rs 2 crore seized in Shillong
- Ziro Festival to host Israeli musicians in collaboration with Embassy of Israel