Guwahati: Congress MLA Debabrata Saikia continues to remain the Leader of Opposition (LOP) of Assam Legislative Assembly as a division bench of Gauhati High Court disposed of an appeal filed against the stay on de-recognising him.
The division bench directed the Assam Legislative Assembly Secretariat to approach the single judge and seek redressal. The matter has been fixed for hearing before the single judge January 29, Friday.
On January 12, Gauhati High Court stayed the notification de-recognising Congress MLA Debabrata Saikia as LOP, stating that the notification under challenge was “unsustainable under law.”
- Why Ruptu Gogoi believes CWG is like Mt Everest for Lawn Bowls
- World’s first ‘parastronaut’. Will anyone be able to go to space one day?
- India’s presidency of G-20 a matter of pride for all citizens: PM Modi
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for December 5
- Assam conservationists win big at Sanctuary Wildlife Awards
- Nagaland Lottery December 5: Check Dear Sun Monday lottery result