Kohima: A total of 5,773 healthcare workers in Nagaland have been vaccinated with COVISHIELD vaccine till date, state health department informed.
On Wednesday, vaccination took place in 20 session sites across the state. Dr Ritu Thurr, state immunisation officer, informed that because of the Polio immunisation day scheduled in the coming days, the COVID-19 vaccination drive will not be conducted for the coming Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Out of the 5,773 healthcare workers who were vaccinated so far, 1,114 are from Dimapur, 1,054 are from Kohima, 706 are from Mokokchung, 542 are from Mon, 488 are from Zunheboto, 476 are from Phek, 458 are from Wokha, 344 are from Peren, 335 are from Tuensang, 132 are from Longleng, 124 are from Kiphire.
Of the total vaccinated healthcare workers, 570 healthcare workers were vaccinated on Wednesday from ten districts.
Meanwhile, two new cases of COVID-19 has been reported in the state on Wednesday taking the state’s tally to 12,083. Taking to Twitter, health minister S Pangnyu Phom tweeted “Update! 2 +ve cases of #COVID-19 have been detected today. Dimapur- Kohima- 1 each. 40 +ve patients have recovered. Kohima- 34, Dimapur- 6. Total +ve cases- 12083 Recovered- 11796 Active Cases- 57 Wear Mask, Keep Distance, Stay Safe”.
- FIFA World Cup 2022 quarterfinal games Saturday, December 10
- US govt aware of long delays in visa appointments in India: WH
- Pakistan ready to play its part for SAARC’s revival: PM Shehbaz Sharif
- AAP to contest at least 25 seats in Mizoram next year: Senior leader
- Meghalaya: Biotech KISAN Hub field demonstration unit now at NEHU
- Nobel Prize Day: Here are some interesting facts you didn’t know