Aizawl: The Assam Rifles and Mizoram Excise and Narcotics Department in a joint operation seized heroin worth Rs 42.80 lakh and arrested two persons from here on Wednesday, a statement issued by the paramilitary force said.
Acting on a tip-off personnel of Assam Rifles, officials of excise and narcotics department carried out a joint operation in Zemabawk locality of Aizawl and recovered 107 grams of heroin, 72 cans of foreign-made beer and 5,000 packets of foreign cigarette, the statement said.
Two persons were arrested for possessing the contraband, it said.
While the seized heroin was valued at Rs 42.80 lakh, foreign cigarettes were worth Rs 12.50 lakh and the value of beer was Rs 36,000, it said.
Both the accused and contraband were handed over to excise and narcotics department, the statement added.
- 8 everyday foods that are ultra processed. Here’s how to spot them
- IIT Mandi develops new tech to make military equipment invisible to radar
- PM urges global investors to explore Indian energy sector
- Budget a ‘silent strike’ on poor by Modi govt: Sonia Gandhi
- We want to diversify ties with India: Russian Ambassador Alipov
- 108 South Koreans on pilgrimage of Buddhist sites in India, Nepal