Hyderabad: A 45-year-old man, who was allegedly involved in 18 cases of murder of women, besides other offences, was arrested here on Tuesday, police said.
With his arrest, two recent cases of murder of women have been detected.
The man, a stone cutter, was apprehended by the sleuths of city police Task Force and the police of Rachakonda Commissionerate.
Earlier, he was arrested in 21 cases, including 16 cases of murder for gain, four property offences and one case of escaping from police custody.
He got married at the age of 21, but his wife eloped with another man within a short period and he bore a grudge against women since then, police said.
He started his criminal activity in 2003, targeting single women by offering them money for sexual favours.
He would kill his victims after consuming liquor or toddy with them and then flee after stealing their valuables, police added.
- Sustainable finance-related capacity-building measures to be discussed at G20 meet in Assam
- Review petition filed in SC for rectification of observation on Sikkimese Nepalis: CM Tamang
- Tripura 2023: BJP promised a lot in 2018; delivered precious little
- Govt has asked SC to finalise MoP for appointment of judges: Rijiju
- Assam Police arrests 1,800 people in massive crackdown on child marriage
- Meghalaya 2023 to see KAM debut; Angela Rangad to fight BJP’s Shullai