Tezpur: The command of Indian Army’s Frontier Gajraj Corps on Tuesday changed hands from Lt Gen Shantanu Dayal, Uttam Yudh Seva Medal (UYSM), Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM), Sena Medal (SM), Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM) to Lt Gen Ravin Khosla, AVSM, SM, VSM.
Lt Gen Khosla has immense operational experience and served in important command and staff appointment both in Jammu and Kashmir and Northeast. Earlier, he was the Director General (Manpower Planing & Personnel Services) from Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Army), New Delhi.
The General Officer has served in Sri Lanka during Operation Pawan. For his illustrative service, he has been awarded Ati Vishist Sewa Medal, Sena Medal and the Vishisht Seva Medal. In addition to his professional pursuits, the general officer is also a keen sportsperson and an avid reader.
During Lt Gen Dayal’s tenure in Tezpur, the Corps enhanced its capabilities both in the Kameng Sector as well as in the counter insurgency operations in Lower and Central Assam. In the Unified Command HQ Mechanism, he chaired the Operational Group, which was responsible for executing the Counter Insurgency/ Counter Terrorism operations in Assam.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity