Tezpur: The command of Indian Army’s Frontier Gajraj Corps on Tuesday changed hands from Lt Gen Shantanu Dayal, Uttam Yudh Seva Medal (UYSM), Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM), Sena Medal (SM), Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM) to Lt Gen Ravin Khosla, AVSM, SM, VSM.
Lt Gen Khosla has immense operational experience and served in important command and staff appointment both in Jammu and Kashmir and Northeast. Earlier, he was the Director General (Manpower Planing & Personnel Services) from Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Army), New Delhi.
The General Officer has served in Sri Lanka during Operation Pawan. For his illustrative service, he has been awarded Ati Vishist Sewa Medal, Sena Medal and the Vishisht Seva Medal. In addition to his professional pursuits, the general officer is also a keen sportsperson and an avid reader.
During Lt Gen Dayal’s tenure in Tezpur, the Corps enhanced its capabilities both in the Kameng Sector as well as in the counter insurgency operations in Lower and Central Assam. In the Unified Command HQ Mechanism, he chaired the Operational Group, which was responsible for executing the Counter Insurgency/ Counter Terrorism operations in Assam.
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Round of 16 games today, December 4
- Meghalaya: World Disabled Day observed in South Garo Hills
- Leftist agenda on JNU campus won’t succeed anymore: VHP
- BJP-IPFT has given corruption free governance in Tripura: Manik Saha
- Special help desk for persons with disabilities at Guwahati airport
- With Meghalaya speaker joining NPP, will TMC take Phulbari’s sitting MLA?