To commemorate the 72nd Republic Day, Indian Army hosted a series of events in Anjaw and Dibang Districts of Arunachal Pradesh. The event included painting, volleyball Competition and weapon display.
A painting competition was organised at Government Middle School, Chaglohagom to kindle creativity and talent among local kids. Enthusiastic participation and spectacular painting made the event a great success. Painting made by the small kids reflected a love for their country and pride in the Indian Army.
A Volleyball competition within local teams was also organised on the occasion at Chaglohagom to promote health and sports among local youths. Prizes were also distributed to the winning teams. The event was coupled with weapon display at Hauliyan and was witnessed by several school children and youth.
Indian Army also organised a ‘Know Your Army Mela’ in Dibang district. The display showcased a variety of weapons and military equipment used by troops in defending the country. The mela received an overwhelming response, with locals, including women and children visiting the event.
The local population, especially the students and youth expressed their gratitude for organising the events and conveyed their appreciation for the efforts undertaken by the Indian Army for the good and development of the locals.
- Manipur: Bollywood actor Randeep Hooda marries Lin Laishram in Imphal
- Women’s rights in the balance as India weighs criminalising marital rape
- Nagaland: Water supply halted in Kohima after one found dead in reservoir
- Northeast Petroleum Union calls off strike after govt discussion
- Violence or poverty? The stark choice for many women
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 29