To commemorate the 72nd Republic Day, Indian Army hosted a series of events in Anjaw and Dibang Districts of Arunachal Pradesh. The event included painting, volleyball Competition and weapon display.
A painting competition was organised at Government Middle School, Chaglohagom to kindle creativity and talent among local kids. Enthusiastic participation and spectacular painting made the event a great success. Painting made by the small kids reflected a love for their country and pride in the Indian Army.
A Volleyball competition within local teams was also organised on the occasion at Chaglohagom to promote health and sports among local youths. Prizes were also distributed to the winning teams. The event was coupled with weapon display at Hauliyan and was witnessed by several school children and youth.
Indian Army also organised a ‘Know Your Army Mela’ in Dibang district. The display showcased a variety of weapons and military equipment used by troops in defending the country. The mela received an overwhelming response, with locals, including women and children visiting the event.
The local population, especially the students and youth expressed their gratitude for organising the events and conveyed their appreciation for the efforts undertaken by the Indian Army for the good and development of the locals.
- Assam, Mizoram committed to solve border dispute: DCs
- Meghalaya HC wants use of CAPF to stop illegal mining of coal
- Anti-child marriage drive illegal, targeting Muslims: Akhil Gogoi
- More than one in two cancer patients experience long Covid: Study
- Chinese balloons have targeted several countries, including India: Report
- US officials visit Indian Navy base operating leased Predator drones