Kohima: One person has been arrested by the police and security forces in Jalukie on charges of possession of illegal arms and ammunition.
In a joint operation, the Nagaland Police and the Assam Rifles arrested one person in Kedime Colony in Jalukie under Peren district. The operation was based on specific inputs.
Recoveries included one 303 rifle, one 7.65mm Pistol, 136 live rounds, 11 fired cases of 303 rifle, 10 live rounds of point 315 rifle, five live and one misfired cartridges of 12 bore, and four feet of safety fuse informed PRO IGAR (N).
The apprehended person and the recovered items were handed over to the Jalukie Police Station for investigation.
- Assam: Sale of cheap helmets skyrocket amid ‘new’ helmet rules
- Assam govt forms committee to develop Unicode for Assamese script
- Mon killings: Nagas in Delhi show solidarity; seek AFSPA repeal
- Armed forces’ perseverance, courage are outstanding: PM Modi
- Assam: Two locals thrashed to death by insurgents in Dima Hasao
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for Dec 7