There are a few Twitter handles that almost guarantee stunning imagery every time they post something. The International Space Station (ISS) is surely one of them, so it was no surprise that the internet was left amazed when they shared the latest series of pictures showing the Earth’s aurora viewed between the city lights and stars.
The picture was taken when the space station was orbiting at 51.6° above the equator, ISS said in its post.
“The station’s orbit takes it as high 51.6° above the equator offering awe-inspiring views of the Earth’s aurora in between the city lights and the twinkling stars,” ISS wrote on Twitter.
Needless to say, people were left stunned, amazed and short of words, with many commenting on how beautiful our planet looked. Take a look at some of the best Twitter reactions:
- Northeast: Share a 2-minute video, show the world you are ‘Fit for Life’
- Assam BJP to enrol 18 lakh members
- PM CARES not government fund; works with transparency: HC told
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary