Kohima: The Nagaland Police and Assam Rifles arrested an NSCN-IM cadre in a joint operation conducted on Friday.
The cadre, identified as 36-year-old Simon Phom, was held from Purana Bazar in Dimapur. The PRO IGAR(N) informed that the operation was launched based on specific inputs received.
The Assam Rifles and the Nagaland police recovered one point 22 Pistol, three rounds of point 22 ammunition, 2,300 Spasma Proxivon capsules worth about Rs 43,200 and Rs 1.56 lakh in cash.
The PRO said that the apprehended person, along with the recovered items, was handed over to the East Police Station, Dimapur for further investigation.
- Northeast: Share a 2-minute video, show the world you are ‘Fit for Life’
- Assam BJP to enrol 18 lakh members
- PM CARES not government fund; works with transparency: HC told
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary