A stretch of road from Andrews Ganj to Indira Camp in south Delhi will soon be renamed after the late actor Sushant Singh Rajput. The stretch of road in Andrews Ganj will be renamed as Sushant Singh Rajput Marg.
South Delhi Municipal Corporation’s (SDMC) Congress councillor Abhishek Dutt in September 2020 had moved the proposal to name the road after the late actor. A senior official said that the proposal was approved by the SDMC House in its meeting on Thursday.
Abhishek Dutt had sent the proposal to the civic body’s road naming and renaming committee.
In the written proposal to the committee, Dutt had said that a large number of people living in the area abutting Road No 8 hail from Bihar, and had claimed that they have been demanding to name the stretch from Andrews Ganj to Indira Camp as Sushant Singh Rajput Marg.
So, in order to respect the wish of the residents of the area and the feelings of the fans of SSR, it was proposed that Road No 8 be named after the actor in his memory, he added.
Sushant Singh Rajput who would have turned 35 on Thursday, was found dead at his Bandra residence in Mumbai on June 14 last year. It has been more than seven months that actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s untimely demise left an irreparable void in all his fans hearts. Remembering the late actor, his family, friends and fans flooded social media with throwback pictures and heartfelt posts, marking it as Sushant Day.
- Hunt for coronavirus variants: how the new one was found and what we know
- Tripura: 3-tier security for counting day, CPIM announces boycott
- Guwahati minor girl’s bravery, quick thinking foils kidnap bid
- Cannot be in situation where it is difficult to implement laws: Rijiju
- ICC calls off Women’s World Cup Qualifier over new COVID-19 variant
- Families stuck after sudden decision to ban flights to and from South Africa