Guwahati: Assam girl Purbi Jain has been invited to witness the Republic Day parade from the Prime Minister’s Box at Rajpath, New Delhi, on January 26.
A class 11 commerce-stream student at Guwahati’s Royal Global School, Jain hails from Bijoynagar, near Guwahati. She completed her Class 10 from St. Claret School, Borjhar, Guwahati, and was the Northeast region’s topper in the All India Secondary School Examination, by scoring 598 marks out of 600.
Jain is among the 50 meritorious students selected from across India by the Directorate of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education to witness the Republic Day parade. The ministry invites meritorious students every year to witness the Republic Day parade live from Rajpath.
Speaking with EastMojo, Jain said she is very excited about the parade, which she will be attending with her father.
On how she felt upon receiving the invite, she said, “It can’t be expressed.”
Talking about her parents’ reaction, Jain said, “They were super emotional. They never expected such an invite, as I am the first person from my region [Bijoynagar] to get such an invitation.”
- Gauhati HC judge to head tribunal probing extremist groups in Manipur
- Ceasefire far from lasting peace, says national security expert on Israel-Hamas deal
- Assam Pavilion bags silver medal at IITF Delhi
- What’s needed to educate boys about gender violence
- 13 new hydel projects to boost Arunachal energy sector: Power minister
- Meghalaya: ‘Cake Mixing Ceremony’ ushers in festive mood