Guwahati: Assam girl Purbi Jain has been invited to witness the Republic Day parade from the Prime Minister’s Box at Rajpath, New Delhi, on January 26.
A class 11 commerce-stream student at Guwahati’s Royal Global School, Jain hails from Bijoynagar, near Guwahati. She completed her Class 10 from St. Claret School, Borjhar, Guwahati, and was the Northeast region’s topper in the All India Secondary School Examination, by scoring 598 marks out of 600.
Jain is among the 50 meritorious students selected from across India by the Directorate of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education to witness the Republic Day parade. The ministry invites meritorious students every year to witness the Republic Day parade live from Rajpath.
Speaking with EastMojo, Jain said she is very excited about the parade, which she will be attending with her father.
On how she felt upon receiving the invite, she said, “It can’t be expressed.”
Talking about her parents’ reaction, Jain said, “They were super emotional. They never expected such an invite, as I am the first person from my region [Bijoynagar] to get such an invitation.”
- India sees single-day rise of 2,323 COVID-19 cases
- Two govt employees in Assam caught taking bribe, arrested
- Meghalaya attracted investment projects worth Rs 56 cr in FY21: study
- How cryptocurrency price collapse offers hope for slowing climate change
- BRO completes excavation of Nechiphu tunnel in Arunachal
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines renames road to India Drive