Itanagar, Jan 19 (PTI) A senior official of public service broadcaster Doordarshan was found in his official quarter in Itanagar on Tuesday morning, official sources said.
K Morang (50), the director (engineering) and office head of the Doordarshan Kendra here, is suspected to have died of a heart attack, they said.
However, the exact cause of the death can be ascertained after post-mortem, which will be done on Wednesday at TRIMHS, they said.
Morang’s family was away during the incident.
Morang had joined the Indian Broadcasting Engineering Service in 1995 and served in many places across the Northeast.
He was heading the Doordarshan Kendra here for the last four years.
Morang was a key member of the team that launched the DD Arunprabha channel.
- Meghalaya: World Tuberculosis Day observed at Purakhasia
- ‘Mrs Chatterjee Vs Norway’ raises Rs 13 crore in opening weekend
- Assam Assembly passes resolution against BBC amid oppn protests
- Indian envoy in Canada cancels event due to security concerns
- NFI to organise Lamka Youth Summit 2023 across NE states
- Mizoram: Two women arrested with heroin worth Rs 60 lakh