Imphal: In a shocking incident, unidentified miscreants reportedly hurled a hand grenade at Manipur Governor Najma Heptulla’s residence in Imphal on Tuesday evening, sources told EastMojo.
However, the Governor’s security team as well as the bomb disposal squad recovered and diffused the bomb before it exploded, sources said. The incident happened at about 4:15 pm on Tuesday.
Sources said the grenade was hurled towards the main entrance gate of the Raj Bhawan. No militant group has taken responsibility for the attack so far, they said.
Meanwhile, police have launched an investigation into the case.
This is a developing story and more details are awaited.
- Iraqi officials: 11 killed in IS attack northeast of Baghdad
- Bengal reports 806 new Covid cases; 248 in Kolkata alone
- Google honours Czech scientist Otto Wichterle with doodle
- Nagaland reports 21 new COVID-19 cases
- TMC leader Abhishek Banerjee to hold rally in Tripura on Oct 31
- India among world’s top 10 for climate tech investment: Report