Guwahati: Rahul Gandhi’s attempt to taunt Prime Minister Modi has not gone down well with Arunachal MP and Minister of State for Youth Affairs & Sports (I/C) and Minister of State, Minority Affairs, Kiren Rijiju.
Gandhi, resharing a media report China constructing a new village in Arunachal Pradesh consisting of 101 residential units, taunted Modi about his promise, “I won’t let the country down.”
On Monday, NDTV had reported citing satellite imagery from Planet Labs, a private US-based imaging company, claimed that the area falls approximately 4.5 km within the Indian territory of the de facto border.
Rijiju was quick to point out that the area in question has been under Chinese occupation since the Congress regime. He taunted Gandhi, “Look at your actions, it is very easy to wash off your dirt on someone else.”
Further, Rijiju added, “Those locations you are referring to have been under Chinese occupation since very-very long Congress regime in India.
How can a national leader is ignorant and unaware of sensitive facts?”
NDTV executive editor Vishnu Som also corroborated the fact when a social media user pointed out that the area has long been under Chinese occupation. He said that the area has been occupied by China since 1959.
- Judicial officer elevated as judge of Manipur HC
- Meghalaya poll: Woman refuses freebies from candidates, returns gifts
- Power struggles in nature can be more subtle than just dog-eat-dog
- Aquaculture industry sceptical about budget sops impact
- SC issues notice to Centre on PILs on BBC documentary on Gujarat riots
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for February 3