A 46-year-old government hospital employee in Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh died on Sunday evening, 24 hours after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine shot. However, the district’s Chief Medical Officer has said that the death was unrelated to vaccination.
Ward Boy Mahipal Singh passed away after complaining of chest congestion and breathlessness. His family said that he had been unwell before taking the jab. MC Garg, Moradabad’s Chief Medical Officer, said that Mahipal Singh was vaccinated on Saturday around noon and on Sunday he felt breathless and complained of chest congestion.
Garg added that a team is inquiring into the reasons for the death and will get a post mortem done. He also said that the cause of death does not seem to be a reaction to the vaccination.
According to the post-mortem report, the cause of death was revealed as cardiogenic shock/septicemic shock due to cardio-pulmonary disease.
Late Mahipal Singh’s son said that his father was unwell before the vaccination, but felt worse after receiving the shot. He added that his father had left the vaccination centre around 1.30 pm and felt breathless and was coughing and had a bit of pneumonia.
Also Read: COVID-19 vaccine: Assam sees low turnout in regions where Covaxin is being used
- Arunachal’s Lipi Gamlin participates in ISRO Yuvika prog
- Meghalaya: ‘Cheap stunt’ or is the GNLA really regrouping?
- Active Covid cases in country dip to 4,972
- For Manipur’s fencing hero Jetlee, Olympics is a destination, not a dream
- Nagaland: NSF issues ultimatum to nab culprits involved in Naga club vandalisation
- Mizoram: ZORO holds rally to express solidarity with Manipur tribals hit by violence