Bhopal (PTI): An IndiGo Airlines flight going to Kolkata from Surat with 172 passengers on board made an emergency landing at Bhopal’s Raja Bhoj Airport on Sunday due to a technical glitch, said an official.
Raja Bhoj Airport Director Anil Vikram told PTI that the flight made an emergency landing just after 12 noon.
“The IndiGo Airlines flight from Surat to Kolkata carrying 172 passengers made an emergency landing at 12.04 pm on Sunday. The landing was safe. The pilot informed the ATC (Air Traffic Controller) about the technical glitch and made an emergency landing safely,” he said.
Also Read: IndiGo manager’s murder leaves Bihar on boil
Of the 172 passengers, 19 have to go further to Guwahati and Amritsar from Kolkata, and these passengers were sent to Bengaluru by flight to help them get connecting flights to their destinations, he said.
“For the remaining passengers, a plane is coming from Nagpur, which will take them further to Kolkata,” the airport director said.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing