Itanagar, (PTI) Arunachal Pradesh’s COVID-19 tally mounted to 16,808 on Sunday as six more people — all of them military personnel — tested positive for the infection, a senior official said.
The fresh cases — detected through the RT-PCR method — were reported from Dahung military camp in West Kameng district, State Surveillance Officer (SSO) Dr Lobsang Jampa said.
Meanwhile, eight people recuperated from the disease on Saturday, taking the total number of recoveries in the state to 16,690, he said.
The COVID-19 recovery rate in the state has touched 99.29 per cent, the SSO said.
Arunachal Pradesh currently has 62 active coronavirus cases, while 56 people have succumbed to the infection so far, he said, adding, the fatality ratio in the state stands at 0.33 per cent, and the positivity rate at 0.36 per cent.
West Kameng has the highest number of active cases at 24, followed by the Capital Complex region — comprising Itanagar, Naharlagun, Nirjuli and Banderdewa areas — at 16 and East Siang at five.
The northeastern state has so far tested 3,87,121 samples, including 465 on Saturday, Dr Jampa said.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion