Palghar (PTI): A 30-year-old man has been arrested from Palghar district of Maharashtra for allegedly killing a woman he was in relationship with and hiding her body in the walls of his flat, police said on Saturday.
The accused killed the woman (32) as she was pressuring him to marry her, an official release said.
The skeleton of the 32-year-old victim, who was prima facie killed in October last year, was recovered from the flat of the accused in Vangaon village, it said.
“The accused and the victim had been in relationship for the last five years. She was last seen with the accused on October 21,” it said.
When family members of the victim enquired about her whereabouts, the accused used to tell them that she had gone to Vapi in Gujarat.
They finally approached the police as the victim never returned, the release said.
A case has been registered under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for murder and other charges.
- Assam: Two locals thrashed to death by insurgents in Dima Hasao
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for Dec 7
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for Dec 7
- Majuli Music Festival 2021: Here’s a line-up of artists performing this year
- Assam: Women in BJP want bigger share of tickets in civic polls
- WATCH: CEO fires 900 employees over zoom call for being ‘unproductive’