Kokrajhar (PTI): A KLO militant was arrested from Assam’s Kokrajhar district by a joint team of the Army and the police, defence sources said on Friday.
The Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) militant was apprehended at the Kalipukhuri village in Kokrajhar police station area on Thursday night, they said.
He has been identified as Pradip Roy alias Changma.
A 7.65 mm pistol with a magazine and six rounds of ammunition were seized from him.
The terror group demands a separate ‘Kamtapur’ nation, comprising parts of Assam, West Bengal, Bihar and Nepal.
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry
- Assam Jobs: KGBV Baksa announces teacher vacancies. Details here
- NASA restructures Human spaceflight unit as pvt space industry expands