Shillong: Following an intelligence tip-off concerning the transport of illegal contraband, the Meghalaya police on Thursday seized 40 soap cases containing heroin.
According to East Khasi Hills District Superintendent of Police, S Nongtnger the suspected contraband was being brought in a Mizoram registration vehicle on Wednesday at around 2 pm. The vehicle was proceeding along the highway from Khliehriat towards Mawryngkneng to deliver the consignment to a Mizo woman.
Following a tip-off, the Anti Narcotic Task Force (ANTF) team immediately swung into action and intercepted the said vehicle at Umphyrnai, Dymmiew village at around 4:25 pm on Wednesday and detained the vehicle bearing registration number MZ01 M 6507.
Upon searching the vehicle, 40 soap cases containing 431 gm heroin was recovered and seized.
Later, a trap was laid for the consignment receivers was laid, and two persons were intercepted and arrested.
Nongtnger informed that a case has been registered under the NDPS Act.
- How feasible is it to demarcate Assam-Mizoram border using space tech?
- John Abraham announced as the brand ambassador for MotoGP India
- Nagaland: Paediatric Task Force set up to prepare for COVID-19 third wave
- Arunachal: Traffic wardens call for protest on August 9
- International Beer Day: Lesser-known Indian beers you should try!
- MP govt announces Rs 1 cr reward for Hockey players Vivek Sagar, Nilakanta Sharma