Agartala: The Tripura Left Front Committee on Tuesday wrote a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, asking him to declare the birthday of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose as ‘Deshprem Divas’.
The letter was signed by the Left Front state convenor Bijan Dhar, CPIM state secretary Gautam Das, CPI state secretary Ranjit Majumder, RSP state secretary Sudarshan Bhattacharjee and AIFB state secretary Shyamal Roy.
“Our country is going to celebrate 125th birthday of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on January 23 next. In 1996, during the centenary celebration of the birthday of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, the then Prime Minister, Government of India announced that the birthday of Netaji would be celebrated as “Deshprem Divas”. But even after 25 years of such announcement, the Government of India has taken no step towards officially declaration of January 23 as Deshprem Divas,” the letter reads.
“His immortal slogan – “Unity, Faith and Sacrifice” is more relevant even today, when our nation is facing multifaceted problems from external and internal divisive forces. We are of the opinion that a concerted effort is needed to inculcate patriotism among the new generation by projecting Netaji as a role model and a true patriotic icon,” the letter added.
The Tripura Left Front committee said it is hopeful that the Prime Minister will consider their demand in its true letter and spirit.
- Assam: ‘Cattle smuggler’ killed, BSF jawan hurt in gunfight along Indo-Bangla border
- WHO chief thanks India for decision to resume COVID-19 vaccine export
- Biomedical waste disposal: This Assam entrepreneur does it with tact, science
- BJP will rebuild temples, demolished to construct mosques: Sangeet Som
- ADB scales down India’s economic growth forecast to 10% this fiscal
- India asks UK to address concerns on travel rules related to COVID vaccination