Guwahati (PTI): A six-member team of the Election Commission of India (EC) on Wednesday held a meeting with senior government officials here to review preparedness for the Assam Assembly polls due in March-April.
The EC team, led by director general Dharmendra Sharma, held a review meeting with Chief Secretary Jishnu Baruah and other senior officials, a government press release said.
Sarma is accompanied by officials, including senior principal secretary Narendra N Butolia, director of expenditure Pankaj Shrivastava, director of IT Ashok Kumar, director of law Vijay Pandey and EVM consultant Vipin Katara, the release said.
On Monday, the poll panel held a review meeting in Dibrugarh with the deputy commissioners, election officers and senior police officials of 20 election districts.
- 45 BJP MPs across India have kin in politics: Assam Congress lawmaker
- Nagaland logs 31 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- BJP plans to add six more organisational districts in Assam
- UK includes Covishield in approved vaccine list for travel but keeps India out
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion