The video of a lioness and a dog haggling at a wildlife reserve that was shared by an IFS officer is going viral on social media.
The undated clip was shared on Twitter by Indian Forest Service officer Parveen Kaswan. It wasn’t clear where the video was recorded.
In the short clip, a stray dog approached a lioness without batting an eyelid as a fierce battle ensued in the forest. The dog and the lioness continued their brawl for a while as the former barked. After a few moments though, the dog backed out and retreated from the spot.
Tourists on a safari jeep, meanwhile, witnessed the incident from a distance.
“Need this much confidence in life. Dog vs Lion. It also highlights issue of stray dogs and wildlife interaction. Lion just used as indicative. It’s a lioness to be precise,” Kaswan said in the caption of his post.
The nearly-two minute clip on Twitter has been viewed over 1.9 lakh times after being made available online, also generating a lot of amazed reactions.
“Apt example of size doesn’t matter. What matters at the end of the day is your confidence,” a user said.
Another comment reads,” Looks like they weren’t looking for food or else he would have become their lunch.”
See the comments here:
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence