Alipurduar, WB (PTI): A tea garden worker was killed in West Bengal’s Alipurduar district on Monday in an attack by a wild elephant, officials said.
The incident happened in the early morning at the Hantapara tea garden in Madarihat, they said.
The deceased was identified as Kande Munda, they said.
He was attacked by the wild elephant from behind in the thick fog.
Munda was taken to the Madarihat Primary Health Centre in a critical condition and he died there while undergoing treatment.
The body is being sent for post-mortem, officials said.
- Hornbill Festival: Akashvani showcases vintage radio equipment
- Assam: Mahura Weaves opens showroom at Guwahati’s Roodraksh Mall
- Cong ignored spirit of anti-BJP alliance in state polls: Ex-Tripura CM
- Nagaland’s Keneilelie Sorünuo wins Silver in National Bodybuilding C’ship
- Digitised records from wildlife centres show how humans harm wild animals
- Mizoram: ZPM promises zero tolerance against corruption