Kohima (PTI): Nagaland’s COVID-19 tally rose to 11,987 on Monday as nine more people tested positive for the infection said Health Minister S Pangnyu Phom.
Kohima district reported seven new cases and Dimapur two, he added.
Sixteen more people recovered from the viral infection, taking the total number of recoveries to 11,655, the minister said.
The recovery rate among the COVID-19 patients in the state rose to an all-time high of 97.3 per cent, added a health bulletin.
The bulletin added that Nagaland now has 107 active coronavirus cases, while 85 people have succumbed to the infection and 140 patients have migrated to other states so far.
Dimapur has the highest number of active cases at 64, followed by Kohima (33) and Mokokchung (five), the bulletin said.
Nagaland has tested over 1,21,976 samples for COVID-19 so far, it added.
- India needs to be more open-minded about open jails, says researcher
- Walking backwards has a surprising number of health benefits
- IMF says it fully supports India’s G20 agenda
- US dubs Pak, China, Myanmar, 9 others as ‘countries of particular concern’
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Round of 16 games today, December 4
- Meghalaya: World Disabled Day observed in South Garo Hills