In a effort to keep the streets of the city clean Guwahati Municipal Corporation has enforced a penalty on licensees who throw waste on the roads.
According to recent statement, GMC is on the ground round-the-clock to ensure cleanliness in the city, with the pledge to support the national movement ‘swachhta hi Seva‘.
As an extension to the ongoing campaign for ‘Swachh Bharat Mission’, the Commissioner, GMC has initiated a mega clean-up drive in Guwahati.
The drive entails enforcing penalty on the licensee who throw waste on the roads. Licensees imposed with penalty would not be eligible to renew their licenses automatically until they obtain No Objection Certificate from Executive Engineer, GMC, the statement said.
Guwahati Municipal Corporation urged everyone to join hands in making Guwahati clean and green.
- Rebel Shiv Sena MLAs leave Guwahati hotel for airport
- WB govt scraps centralised online admission system to UG courses
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for June 29
- Incessant rain worsens Assam flood situation, 24.9 lakh affected
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for June 29
- Nagaland Lottery June 29: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result