Actor Kangana Ranaut has slammed Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey after his company imposed a permanent ban on US President Donald Trump, asking him not to preach.
Coming a day after the micro-blogging platform permanently banned Trump’s personal handle and deleted some posts of the official handle of the US President for incitement of violence.
Sharing a 2015 tweet of Dorsey, Ranaut accusing him of showing intolerance “for anything”.
His tweet said, “We stand for speaking truth to power. And we stand for empowering dialogue,” he had written on Twitter.”
To which the actor replied, “No you don’t, Islamists nation and Chinese propaganda has bought you completely, you only stand for your petty gains. You shamelessly show intolerance for anything other than what they want. U are nothing but a little slave of your own greeds. Don’t preach again its embarrassing.”
The ban on Trump has sparked a debate on freedom of expression as several Indian celebrities, politicians have voiced opinions against such “muscle-flexing” by unregulated tech companies.
- COVID-19 may infect a higher proportion of pregnant women: ICMR study
- Security forces apprehend one militant in Manipur
- What improved survival chances in COVID-linked black fungus cases?
- Govt draws flak over appointment of party worker as officer in CMO
- Practice yoga at least 5 minutes a day, says Sarbananda Sonowal
- COVID-19 booster dose not central theme at the moment: Govt