With the aim to impart operational and leadership training to the members, including elected members, of the Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) of the state, Tezpur University through its Centre for Distance and Online Education (CDOE) is all set to roll out an Executive Development programme in “Panchayati Raj and Rural Development.”
The programme is in collaboration with the State Institute of Panchayat & Rural Development (SIPRD), Assam, from the 2021 autumn semester. To offer this Diploma programme, both the institutions have already signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
The programme is being designed as a modular academic programme under which learners completing six months will be awarded a Certificate and those completing one year will be awarded Diploma in Panchayati Raj and Rural Development.
Apart from the professionals working in the field of Panchayat and Rural Development, the programme is open to all willing learners as well. This programme is viewed as a significant step towards boosting the efficiency of Panchayat workers including the elected members of the grass roots rungs of democracy.
- 28,326 new COVID infections recorded in India, total tally at 3,36,52,745
- Meghalaya: Two minor girls kidnapped, rescued from Assam
- Centre to soon announce new cooperative policy: Amit Shah
- CBIC makes Aadhaar authentication mandatory for claiming GST refund
- Assam govt seeks Centre’s help in popularising traditional weaves
- ‘Kanyadaan’ an outdated ritual or important custom? Alia Bhatt’s ad sparks debate