Inaugurating the 16th edition of the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) on Saturday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, until recently, India imported medical devices and equipment, but today, India is ready to “save humanity” with two Made-In-India COVID-19 vaccines.
He said, “India used to import PPE kits, masks, ventilators and testing kits from outside but today our nation is self-reliant. Today, India is ready to save humanity with two ‘Made in India’ coronavirus vaccines.”
The world is looking at how the country rolls out the largest vaccination programme in the world.
He said, “The past year has been a year of great challenges for all of us, but amidst these challenges, the way Indian-origin colleagues across the world have worked, have done their duty, it is a matter of pride for all of us.”
Lauding the Indian diaspora for its contribution amid the coronavirus pandemic, the PM said, “NRIs have made a big contribution in the fight against COVID-19. Their contribution to PM Cares is strengthening health services in our country.”
- Malignant: An outrageous re-tread of the classic 80s horror with the Midas touch of James Wan
- Limits on airfares to remain for 15 days at any given time: Aviation Ministry
- Fresh COVID-19 cases outnumber recoveries in Nagaland after 9 days
- Amarinder Singh resigns as Punjab CM; says ‘feel humiliated’
- Book explores historical and spiritual landscape of communities in Northeast
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?