Aizawl: Assam Rifles in association with the state excise and narcotics department seized 203 gm of heroin and arrested one person in Champhai district on Thursday, Assam Rifles sources said.
Contraband was worth Rs 81.20 lakh, and smuggled in the local market from Myanmar, the sources said.
The accused was booked under relevant sections of The Narcotic Drug & Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985.
Meanwhile, Assam Rifles’ Serchhip battalion seized 100 bags of smuggled areca nuts near Sesih village in Champhai district during a joint operation with the customs department on Wednesday.
Two persons have been detained in connection with the seizure of the smuggled goods worth Rs 22.44 lakh in the local market.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing