After India, the maximum digital audience for Doordarshan and All India Radio was from Pakistan, followed by the US.
Doordarshan (DD) and All India Radio (AIR) touched more than one billion views and more than six billion watch minutes throughout the year said the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. More than 2.5 million users joined the NewsOnAir app, the official Prasar Bharati app during 2020.
Apart from this, the Republic Day Parade 2020, DD National Archives and a rare video of Shakuntala Devi were also among the most popular digital videos.
The Mann Ki Baat YouTube channel and Twitter handle have seen rapid growth in 2020, with more than 67,000 followers on Mann Ki Baat update Twitter handle.
Around 1,500 radio plays in various Indian languages are available on the DD-AIR network, which are now being digitised and uploaded on YouTube channels.
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli
- NF Railway clocks 9 pc jump in freight unloading in FY’24