An overground worker of the Isak-Muivah faction of the National Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN-IM) in Nagaland’s Mon district was apprehended by Assam Rifles.
The Assam Rifles said on its official Twitter handle on Sunday that the NSCN-IM overground worker was nabbed from Phuktong village in Mon district on Friday.
Assam Rifles also informed that the troops recovered one .32 mm pistol along with live rounds of ammunition from the possession of the NSCN-IM overground worker.
The NSCN-IM member was later handed over to the police, Assam Rifles said.
“#AssamRifles troops in Nagaland apprehended an OGW of NSCN (IM) from general area Phuktong village in Mon district on 01 Jan recovering one point 32 mm pistol and live rounds. Apprehendee handed over to Police,” the Assam Rifles tweeted.
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19
- Madras High Court stays certain sub-clauses of new IT Rules