An overground worker of the Isak-Muivah faction of the National Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN-IM) in Nagaland’s Mon district was apprehended by Assam Rifles.
The Assam Rifles said on its official Twitter handle on Sunday that the NSCN-IM overground worker was nabbed from Phuktong village in Mon district on Friday.
Assam Rifles also informed that the troops recovered one .32 mm pistol along with live rounds of ammunition from the possession of the NSCN-IM overground worker.
Also Read: Arunachal: NSCN (K-YA) insurgent surrenders in Longding
The NSCN-IM member was later handed over to the police, Assam Rifles said.
“#AssamRifles troops in Nagaland apprehended an OGW of NSCN (IM) from general area Phuktong village in Mon district on 01 Jan recovering one point 32 mm pistol and live rounds. Apprehendee handed over to Police,” the Assam Rifles tweeted.
- In Assam’s Dhemaji, infra growth, erratic rains shift farming practices
- Antisemitism on Twitter has more than doubled since Elon Musk took over
- Frequent earthquakes vs vulnerabilities of the Himalayan region
- Calls for a ‘green’ Ramadan revive Islam’s long tradition of sustainability
- Why supply chain issues do not cause inflation
- Rahul ‘mismanaged’ Himanta episode in Assam: Azad in memoir