Guwahati: Dvotees visiting Kamakhya Temple no longer need to show their COVID-19 negative report, starting January 2, 2021.
However, devotes must still follow proper social distancing norms along with the mandatory wearing of masks.
Previously, devotees had to show a COVID-19 negative test to enter the inner sanctum sanctorum- the ‘shakti peeth’ of the Kamakhya temple.
Meanwhile, to prepare infrastructure and the medical staff, the dry run for the coronavirus vaccine will continue regularly across Assam, today in Gauhati Medical College and Hospital, Sonapur Civil Hospital, and Khanapara State Dispensary, till actual vaccination takes place.
Till now, Assam has registered a total of 2,15,510 cases of COVID-19 out of which 3,525 are active cases with a total of 1,020 deaths.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion