Prime Minister Narendra Modi shared a poem on New Year’s Day to motivate citizens for the days that lie ahead. The citizen engagement platform MyGovIndia shared a 97-second-long video where PM Modi is heard reciting the poem.
“Let’s start our first day of the new year with a mesmerizing and motivating poem ‘Abhi toh Suraj Uga hai’, written by our beloved PM @narendramodi,” the MyGovIndia tweeted on Friday.
The video of the poem titled ‘The Sun Has Just Risen’ features snippets of India’s space programme, Indian Air Force’s jets and Indian Navy’s warships, frontline workers, defence personnel, and farmers.
PM Modi greeted citizens on the occasion of New Year on Friday and laid the foundation stone of Light House Projects (LHP). The project is aimed at building disaster-resilient houses across Indian cities.
Modi tweeted, “Wishing you a happy 2021! May this year bring good health, joy and prosperity. May the spirit of hope and wellness prevail.”
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19
- Madras High Court stays certain sub-clauses of new IT Rules