Tripura has been selected as the best-performing state in implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban, under the North Eastern and the Hilly States category.
The PMAY (Urban) Awards -2019 have been categorised under three levels and various categories.
Minister of State of Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep S Puri recently said in a letter to Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb: “…State of Tripura has been selected as the ‘Best Performing State’ under the North Eastern & Hilly States category and Hon’ble Prime Minister will felicitate the State. Further, ‘Agartala’ under ‘Best Performing Municipal Corporation’ and Belonia under ‘Best Performing Municipal Council’ categories have been selected for PMAY (U) awards, they will also be felicitated in this event.”
On January 1, PM Modi will also lay the foundation stone of the Light House Project in Agartala with Chief Minister Biplab Deb through video conference.
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) initiated the Global Housing Technology Challenge India (GHTC – India) in January last year to identify and mainstream proven construction technologies that are sustainable, green and disaster-resilient.
- Mizoram sets up ‘expert panel’ to handle Manipur’s internally displaced
- Amid heat, transformer catches fire in Guwahati; locals rue APDCL laxity
- Manipur: Army organises health camps in villages, relief camps
- Sikkim CM urges people to plant trees, not leave any land barren
- Nagaland: Angami bodies, students clean iconic Kisama heritage village
- Tripura State Rifles’ soldier kills self