Guwahati: The Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) recovered items contraband and sumggled goods worth Rs 4,84,18,996 in 93 raids conducted in train and railway premise between January and November this year.
Of these cases, 36 each were detected in Assam and West Bengal. 15 such cases were detected in Bihar and 3 each in Nagaland and Tripura.
A statement said, “The value of items recovered during raids in Assam up to November is Rs. 1,96,11,012. In West Bengal, the value of items recovered is Rs 2,79,35,461. Meanwhile, Bihar the value of recovered items during this period was Rs 3,67,123 and in Nagaland, the value of recovered items was Rs 3,85,000 and in Tripura the value of seized items was Rs 1,20,400.”
About 4.14 kg of gold bar worth about Rs 2,21,95,043 were seized on two occasions from New Jalpaiguri and Guwahati stations. In Guwahati, 13 gold biscuits weighing about 2.15 kg, worth Rs 1.12 crore were seized during a joint raid by RPF and DRI officials on October 2 this year, and four people were also arrested.
Similarly, 12 gold biscuits were seized at New Jalpaiguri station during a raid on August 22. Among other various items seized are foreign made cigarette worth Rs 88,48,000; foot wear/ garments/ sweater worth Rs 18,66,955; foreign-made electronics items worth Rs 2,83,205; betel nuts/tobacco worth Rs 82,20,272 etc.
- Practice yoga at least 5 minutes a day, says Sarbananda Sonowal
- COVID-19 booster dose not central theme at the moment: Govt
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition