Dimapur: The law keepers of the commercial hub of Nagaland celebrated Christmas on a high spirited deed to give out love and joy in the streets of Dimapur. The Dimapur Police in the early morning hours of Christmas went out on a mission to serve hot coffee with snacks in the heart of Dimapur town to all the people who were in the streets.
Speaking to EastMojo, the Officer-in-Charge of East Police station RK Patton said the random act of kindness was carried out in order to bring back the festive spirit to town. He said the personnel came out at 6:30 am to serve the people with hot coffee and snacks.
Those that live on the streets of Dimapur – beggars, scavangers and rickshaw pullers – enjoyed a warm Christmas morning with the police department’s thoughtfulness in the otherwise cold town.
Dimapur Police has received widespread praise for their random acts of kindness that people say help in keeping the spirits high all around the town, especially during Christmas.
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh