Activists of Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) on Tuesday protested and created ruckus over a Jain temple that is installed inside a Jain-community college since 2016 in Uttar Pradesh’s Baghpat district.
According to a complaint by the Digambar Jain College administration, the miscreants got inside the college and replaced all locks with their own locks. They also got inside the temple of Jain goddess Shrutdevi, which was installed inside the campus in 2016 in the presence of then UP governor Ram Naik, and threatened to break it down if the same was not replaced by the idol of Hindu goddess Saraswati.
The Jain community in the area later held a meeting and submitted a memorandum to the local administration in Baghpat, demanding strict action against the miscreants.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands