Guwahati: After Meghalaya received it’s long-awaited Samagra Siksha Abhiyan (SSA) funds on Tuesday, Mizoram will also receive the central funds before Christmas.
Bringing hope to over 4,000 teachers associated with SSA, the state education minister said Lalchhandama Ralte informed about the same.
According to reports, the Centre on December 18 released the sanction order for payment of due salaries to SSA teachers. This comes after the state government pursued the matter for months.
The amount has been deposited into Mizoram’s account and all employees under SSA will be paid their pending salaries from August to December before Christmas, said the education minister.
Earlier last week, Mizoram opposition Congress slammed the ruling Mizo National Front (MNF) government for putting thousands of employees under financial trouble by failing to pay their salaries.
The party asked Chief Minister Zoramthanga to pay salaries to these teachers before Christmas.
Also Read: It will finally be a merry Christmas for over 12K SSA teachers in Meghalaya
- Active Covid cases in country dip to 4,972
- For Manipur’s fencing hero Jetlee, Olympic is a destination, not a dream
- Nagaland: NSF issues ultimatum to nab culprits involved in Naga club vandalisation
- Mizoram: ZORO holds rally to express solidarity with Manipur tribals hit by violence
- A friendly pitch: How cricket found a home in Mizoram
- Manipur: Over 3,300 candidates appear for UPSC prelims in Imphal