The Meghalaya police on Wednesday recovered a huge cache of ammunition belonging to the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) from the East Garo Hills district of the state.
A police official said the operation was launched in response to information received by the department about a huge cache of arms hidden at Chipot Mongre A.bri.
Deputy SP Victor N Sangma led the operation and undertook a search operation across Chipit hills. Approximately 47 number of 0.30-06 mm ammunition was recovered during the operation. The recovered ammunition was brought to Williamnagar police station and a case was being registered for further investigation.
- Nagaland Congress to launch crusade against state govt
- Top seer Mahant Narendra Giri found dead at Allahabad Muth
- Nagaland: Centre earmarks Rs 20 Cr for rehabilitation of shifting cultivation
- 11 months on, mother-daughter duo in Bangladesh jail after crossing border to see tantric
- Yuvraj Singh’s NGO installs 50 CCU beds at Assam hospital
- UK begins COVID-19 vaccine rollout for schoolchildren