Aizawl: Chief Justice of India (CJI) Sharad Arvind Bobde called on Mizoram Governor PS Sreedharan Pillai at the Raj Bhavan on Tuesday evening as a part of his three-day state visit.
The two exchanged warm pleasantries, and later, Governor Pillai, who has written more than 120 books in different languages gifted 5 books – ‘The Other View’, ‘Dark Days of Democracy’, ‘Thus Speaks The Governor’, ‘Republic Day 2020’ and ‘Oh Mizoram’ – to the CJI.
On Monday, Bobde spoke at the ‘Meet on Green Mizoram’ programme at the Mizoram Legislative Assembly. “The role of the judiciary goes beyond that of merely responding to an environmental crisis; it has a significant responsibility in upholding the environmental rule of law,” he said.
Justice Bobde also stressed on the importance of conserving and preserving the environment, and said that the environment is one issue that concerns all generations. He added that the ‘Green Mizoram Day’, which is celebrated every year, stands as an example for other states to follow.
- Pact inked to train Nagaland school teachers on disaster management
- Three more people killed, 2 injured in fresh violence in Manipur
- Manipur’s Naga MLAs want status quo in Naga tribal areas
- Guwahati accident: No more digging across city, says district admin
- CBI forms SIT to probe Manipur violence, takes over probe
- How much more bloodshed to bring back normalcy in Manipur?: Actor Priyakanta Laishram