Aizawl: Chief Justice of India (CJI) Sharad Arvind Bobde called on Mizoram Governor PS Sreedharan Pillai at the Raj Bhavan on Tuesday evening as a part of his three-day state visit.
The two exchanged warm pleasantries, and later, Governor Pillai, who has written more than 120 books in different languages gifted 5 books – ‘The Other View’, ‘Dark Days of Democracy’, ‘Thus Speaks The Governor’, ‘Republic Day 2020’ and ‘Oh Mizoram’ – to the CJI.
On Monday, Bobde spoke at the ‘Meet on Green Mizoram’ programme at the Mizoram Legislative Assembly. “The role of the judiciary goes beyond that of merely responding to an environmental crisis; it has a significant responsibility in upholding the environmental rule of law,” he said.
Justice Bobde also stressed on the importance of conserving and preserving the environment, and said that the environment is one issue that concerns all generations. He added that the ‘Green Mizoram Day’, which is celebrated every year, stands as an example for other states to follow.
- 10 ULB militants arrested in Assam
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal