Guwahati: Tezpur University has just added another feather to its hat by being recognised as the institution which provides the “Best Online Courses of All Time,” as rated by Classcentral.com. The recognition is for an online course designed by Professor Subhrangshu Sekhar Sarkar of Tezpur University, which is offered via a massive open online course (MOOC) platform.
The course titled “Direct Tax Laws and Practice” offered in MOOCs platform has been published at https://www.classcentral.com/collection/top-free-online-courses?subject=social-sciences. The course, approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC), is offered globally through the SWAYAM platform that facilitates hosting of all the courses taught in classrooms from Class 9 till post-graduation, and accessible to anyone, anywhere, at any time for the last three consecutive semesters, with an enrolment of more than 5,000 learners in each of the semesters.
There are altogether 18 courses under the ‘Social Sciences’ category offered by different top universities of the world, like Princeton University, Harvard University, Yale University, NUS Business School, Kellogg School of Management, etc., which are considered for inclusion in the list.
Class Central is an international aggregator for the listing of online courses and primarily focuses on free courses from universities that are offered through the MOOC platform. They aggregate courses from many providers to make it easy to find the best courses on almost any subject, wherever they exist.
- Nagaland logs 31 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- BJP plans to add six more organisational districts in Assam
- UK includes Covishield in approved vaccine list for travel but keeps India out
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram