The NorthEast Young Heroes Awards premiered on Tuesday, December 22.
A total of 150+ nominations came for 10 different fields which include healthcare, administration, tourism, etc. The jury shortlisted 50 of them and the voting lines were open from December 10 to December 18.
In the category of music and entertainment, the top spot was clinched by Mutsevelu Mercy Tetseo, Nagaland. Other nominations in the same category included UNB, Indian Rapper, Andrea Tariang, Indian actress, Alobo Naga, musician, Abhi Saikia, Founder – Rainforest Records.
Tetseo is a folk artist, singer, musician and passionate about documenting and propagating the artform of Li or Chakhesang Naga Folk Music and a writer, researcher, resource person in her field of expertise. She has contributed and is also consulted by many for research, films, papers, documentaries, etc in the context of folklore, folk music, and storytelling in Chokri.
Tetseo has spoken at TEDx Events, numerous webinars and schools, colleges on Naga culture, music, and folk traditions, and is considered an authority in the field. She is also an avid traveller.
- Assam’s COVID tally crosses 6 lakh
- PM Modi reaches New York to address 76th UNGA session
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, 1 more death
- UPSC: Six from Manipur clear final exams, 761 selected across India
- Shocking: UPSC training platform says tribal farmers are “brainless, have no land documents”
- Mizoram likely to get two RT-PCR mobile vans from Centre