Meghalaya Transport Minister Sniawbhalang Dhar travelled from Delhi to Umroi Airport in the first-ever direct flight between Delhi and Shillong.
The Government of India collaborated with Flybig to operate the direct flight between Delhi-Shillong and Shillong-Delhi. Dhar said, “It is a historic day since aspirations of the people to have a direct flight connecting with the national capital has become a reality.”
Flybig CEO Capt Srinivas Rao said the direct flight to Delhi would operate twice a week, adding that the flight service will again resume from January 4. Dhar was hopeful that Flybig would make flight operations daily once the traffic demand increases.
Flybig Chief Executive Officer informed that they made arrangements to operate a 75-seater Bombardier Q400 charter for this direct flight as well.
The State Government had floated the tender for the direct flight to Delhi in February this year.
- Meghalaya 2023: Busiest day in Garo Hills on day 4 of nominations
- No proposal to use remote voting machine in “upcoming election” in country: Rijiju in LS
- Tripura 2023: LF-Cong alliance has no mission or vision, says Bengal LoP
- ‘Immigrant’ Row: Sikkim CM’s effigies burnt, SDF calls for shutdown
- Fee payment delay: Gauhati HC sets aside notice declaring students ‘non-collegiate’
- Tripura Polls: Union Minister Pratima Bhoumik holds campaign in Dhanpur