Meghalaya Transport Minister Sniawbhalang Dhar travelled from Delhi to Umroi Airport in the first-ever direct flight between Delhi and Shillong.
The Government of India collaborated with Flybig to operate the direct flight between Delhi-Shillong and Shillong-Delhi. Dhar said, “It is a historic day since aspirations of the people to have a direct flight connecting with the national capital has become a reality.”
Flybig CEO Capt Srinivas Rao said the direct flight to Delhi would operate twice a week, adding that the flight service will again resume from January 4. Dhar was hopeful that Flybig would make flight operations daily once the traffic demand increases.
Flybig Chief Executive Officer informed that they made arrangements to operate a 75-seater Bombardier Q400 charter for this direct flight as well.
The State Government had floated the tender for the direct flight to Delhi in February this year.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing