The 51st Director General-level border coordination conference between Border Security Force (India) and Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) will be organised with effect from December 22 to 26 2020.
During this conference, the BSF delegation led by Rakesh Asthana, Director General, BSF will hold talks with BGB delegation which will be headed by Major General Md Shafeenul Islam, BGBM (BAR), Director General, BGB.
These talks aim to discuss border-related issues and to enable better coordination between both border-guarding forces. Additionally, the conference will focus on addressing and streamlining mechanisms on how to jointly curb various trans-border crimes and timely sharing of information between both border-guarding forces.
There will be deliberations on developmental and infrastructure works, joint efforts for effective implementation of Coordinated Border Management Plan (CBMP) and Confidence Building Measures (CBMs).
The last BSF – BGB border Coordination Conference was held from September 16 to 19, 2020 at Dhaka (Bangladesh).
- HC pulls up Meghalaya govt for coal export without seeking its origin
- Assam: Hailakandi BJP leader promised ‘govt jobs’ for money, arrested
- Cong welcomes Shah’s peace plan for Manipur but questions delay
- Mizoram yet to get Assam response on border-related claims
- Active Covid cases in country dip to 3,736
- Minor girl gangraped in Tripura, one arrested